Many schools and other institutions have blocked access to MySpace because they believe that MySpace is bad. Well, the Internet is a democracy and you have the right to view any website you want. If your school or work has blocked MySpace, don't worry because there are ways to easily get around it. To access MySpace from a blocked location, try one of the following:
- Setup an SSH Tunnel.
- Use Google Translator.
- Use a Proxy. A proxy allows you to view a site without the network being aware that you are viewing the site. There are many proxy services out there, just do a google search for proxy to find them. I've had the best luck with the following:
- Access MySpace through Google's cache. Go to google.com and do a search for myspace.com. Google will show you a list with the first item being myspace.com. Click on the link next to it that says "Show Google's cache of myspace.com".
- Try a different site prefix. Instead of going to www.myspace.com, try going to home.myspace.com.
- Try using circumventor, a program that gets around the site filter.
- Go to the hottest girl you know and ask her to find your network administrator (they are usually lonely geeks). Tell her to flirt with him and seduce him into removing the network restriction that is keeping you from accessing MySpace. Ha!